Old 05-01-18, 01:41 PM
Andy_K 

Bikes: Yes

Mentioned: 525 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3235 Post(s)
Liked 3,882 Times in 1,442 Posts
Show us your Stella bikes

I don't know how common these are, but I know there are at least two other people in this crowd who have a Stella so why not start a picture thread?

I'm in the early stages of restoring the Stella I got from gugie. The brazed-on derailleur hanger didn't break off when I tried to straighten it with my DAG-2, so I'm proceeding with the test build. I'm getting pretty close to having matched the paint, but if the test rides go well I think I'm going to send it out for a first class repaint and decal restoration. I've got NOS Campagnolo Comp Triple derailleurs and crankset to go with the Potenza brakes that I converted to nutted for this build. The handlebar, white Specialized Phenom sadfdle, and second generation 10-speed Campy Ergo (Veloce) shifters I picked up at the Seattle Bike Swap. I've got white hoods for the shifters and white bar tape waiting to go on. It's pictured with a JPR seat post, but I picked up a Campagnolo Nuovo Record post at Eroica that will be the long term solution. I'm building wheels with H Plus Son TB14 rims and mismatched Campy hubs (Triomphe front, Veloce rear). The front wheel is pictured. I'm still procrastinating on the rear. The 700x28 Clement Strada tire pictured on the front is also what I'm using for this build. I'll need to deflate the rear to get the wheel in, but it fits once I slide it back.

Bonus points if anyone has any idea of features that give a clue as to the age or model of a Stella. I'm calling mine "70's" which is probably right, but I don't have any idea what the markers are. I found one that appears to be identical to mine except that it has its decals and vintage components, and people were calling that one an SX-76. Again, that seemed to be based on the full Columbus tubing. I can say with certainty that my fork is Columbus.

In any event, I mean for this to be a picture thread. So, what have you got?