View Single Post
Old 05-03-18, 10:05 AM
gettingold

Bikes: 2018 Lynskey R 260 Disc; 2008 Trek 4.7 Madone; 2017 Framed Minnesota 3.0 Fat Bike; 1984 Nishiki International

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by njkayaker
It wasn't just a "wrong word". And it's not "exactly" being arrogant by any objective standard.

If one says something that doesn't appear to make much sense, people are very likely to comment about it. It's not something you can prevent.It's not "rude" (even if you don't like it) If you don't like it, either avoid the internet or write more sensibly.

It's a phrase that sticks out (that increases the risk of people commenting about an apparent misuse).

You haven't made your case that you are right about it.

It seems it's a metaphor related to a space you occupy that you have control over. That metaphor works for baseball (I guess) but doesn't really work for component groups.

The metaphorical "wheelhouse" is a real or metaphorical space a person is in. No person is in a component group (that doesn't make sense).

https://www.chronicle.com/blogs/ling...o-baseball-to/

Why is 105 in the "comfort zone" and Ultegra not? No one can tell what the heck you are getting at.

What you wrote comes across as arrogant. As a professional writer, that should have been obvious to you.
Since you won't leave this alone, I love Ultegra. The original question was a comparison between Sora, which I do not believe is a good recreational road group, and 105, which I think is. Between 105 and Ultegra, I would choose Ultegra, but I personally think 105 is a better deal for the price.

I don't know what ruffled your feathers, my original comment was not even directed at you, it was at the guy who basically said 105 sucks, without any initial explanation. It struck me as trolling. He later said why, which is fine.

And I am not a writer, I am a lawyer. You appear to be a professional pedant. Have a good life.