View Single Post
Old 05-03-18, 07:14 PM
jimmuller 
What??? Only 2 wheels?

Bikes: 72 Peugeot UO-8, 82 Peugeot TH8, 87 Bianchi Brava, 76? Masi Grand Criterium, 74 Motobecane Champion Team, 86 & 77 Gazelle champion mondial, 81? Grandis, 82? Tommasini, 83 Peugeot PF10

Mentioned: 189 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1222 Post(s)
Liked 645 Times in 232 Posts
Originally Posted by rholland1951
...Exchanged greetings with Jim Muller at the Mill Street crossing...
Indeed. The observant observer (not that you weren't) would have noticed that I even came to a complete stop and put one foot down for a fraction of a second.just like I'm s'posed to there.

I've seen lots of bikes these last few days, some ridden by idiots. This afternoon I was about to pass two pedestrians on the MM when I happened to catch the briefest glimpse of another kitted-out rider winning the Tour as he came up behind at a high rate of speed. I bailed on passing the pedestrians until he'd passed then called out to him that he should call out when passing like that. He ignored me. But a 1/4 mile later I came up on him as he had dismounted to lift his bike over a guardrail. I stopped and asked if it was he who'd just passed me as I was passing two pedestrians. He didn't know, said "I guess so, I dunno'. I might have." In other words, he hadn't noticed his surroundings. I pointed out how fortunately I'd caught him in my mirror and if I'd hadn't we'd both be back there lying on the pavement so maybe next time he should call out. He seemed thoroughly puzzled by the concept, as if he'd never thought of that before. Yeesh.