View Single Post
Old 05-04-18, 12:31 AM
nesteel 

Bikes: See the signature....

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 551 Post(s)
Liked 191 Times in 114 Posts
This was Ryder. Our family rescued him 11 years ago as a companion animal for our youngest son.

This was his preferred spot if I was sitting on the sofa. I was the only one who could sit still for hours on end, so I "won" the dog normally. He craved constant human contact, and was always ready for a snuggly nap. Had no tolerance for horseplay however. My son and I were quickly scolded by him if we engaged in any sort of wrestling or goofing around.

Sadly we lost him Tuesday evening in a freak driveway accident. It was tough, but we got to say goodbye as we attempted to save him.
He had a good 11 years at our house, but it was/is tough to see him go like that.
Ryder was a rescue animal, having been found in a cornfield by a FedEx driver, in a box full of his siblings. He was the only one who survived. He and our youngest son bonded immediately.
He was a generally a dick, but quite lovable and affectionate. We were glad to have provided him a loving home, but I sure had hoped to have him around awhile longer.
It's actually quite difficult to see pics of him right now.

Last edited by nesteel; 05-04-18 at 12:46 AM.