Old 05-06-18, 07:14 PM
Ball Bearing

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tomtomtom123
I didn't return them because the seller did not answer an email or telephone call after the initial sales. I looked at one of their social media pages and there was a post about the business being up for sale.

They did exchange the possibly incorrect chainring model for the crankset, but after that, when I discovered the left arm slipping out and tried to contact them, there was no response.

The outer chainring that came with the crankset was the POE110 which I think is found on the outside position of the Sugino XD and Alpina cranks, with protruding bolt heads which was catching on the chain when mounted on the OX601D, and was too thin resulting in a too large of a gap for upshifting. The product photos for the crankset show the PE110S which is thicker (4.5mm vs 3.0mm with the POE110) with recess counterbore for bolt heads on both sides of the chainring (so it can be mounted on either side of the bolt flanges), and they exchanged that with me. But after that there was no response.

Do you know what the gap / tolerance is on your OX901D between the spline outer diameters? I've got approximately 0.17 to 0.21 mm, between the 23.77 mm left arm and 23.56 - 23.60 mm spindle.
No, I have not measured the gap.

If I was in your shoes I would contact Sugino directly or their distributor.