Old 05-06-18, 07:15 PM
smallboats
Large Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MrFlamey View Post
Also, I don't know if it has been stated in any of the public blog posts, but Boutakis did originally try working with companies experienced in manufacture of Ti cars as well as Taiwanese bike companies. This didn't go well, for whatever reason, so in the end he decided to Kickstart his invention. He's made lots of mistakes, but seems to have always been focused on his vision of the "world's best folding bike", and has had an uncompromising attitude towards producing a bike that meets all his design goals throughout. I'm sure this perfectionism has played a huge part in the long wait for Helix, and we still don't know if the bike is going to a. get shipped or b. be any good, but things are starting to look up, and I believe they have actually begun manufacture based on all the latest (non-public) blog updates. I'm sure we all wish they would start shipping bikes sooner, but until they do, I'm sure most of us have other things to do and other bikes to ride.
Also agreed.

I very much want to purchase a Helix. I want this brilliant bicycle design to be available for retail purchase.