Old 05-06-18, 07:40 PM
rbk_3

Bikes: Trek Emonda S6

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally Posted by alias5000
Things have moved a bit since and I thought, I'd update this thread. Recumbent bike funds have now become available, so I spent more time thinking about actually spending this money. With the Canadian Dollar being a bit weak, and Azub having increased prices, a new recumbent is now even more out of the reasonable range of money to spend on a bike for me. Further testing of the HPV Streetmachine GTE has left me with grin and comfort, and the used market heavily leans towards HP Velotechnik and less to Azub Max's. Secondly, the planned bike tour that would pass by close to the Bicycle Man is on hold due to sports health issues within the team, and visiting a store knowing that I am not going to buy new leaves me uncomfortable. The logical conclusion is to enter the HP Velotechnik Streetmachine used market. I have seen quite a few nice ads recently on Craigslist and bentrider and one of them will be mine.
The difference between 20/26 and 26/26 (untested) isn't worth multiple thousands of dollars to me right now.

Thank you for all of your opinions. It is good to know who is around and I am very happy to have learned about (20/26 vs.) 26/26 experiences. Funny enough: out of these conversations, someone else around me is now looking to buy a used Azub Max.
i posted earlier in this thread. i ended up getting a Bachetta Carbon Aero 3.0 framekit at the end of March directly from Bachetta. I fitted it with a 105 groupset I bought from Wiggle and fittied it with Fulcrum 5 wheels from my DF bike. All in all it came in around $4750 CND or so if I take into account the wheels. I went with Dura ace bar end shifters. All in all this route saved me a lot vs buying a complete bike, and I got a better speced bike.
Went with the full Carbon seat also.

Unfortunately, it flares up my pelvic pain just like my DF bike I really should of driven down to Bicycleman like I was thinking of doing for a test ride.

I just did a 10k ride on the trainer and a quick ride around the block. I may have to end up selling it with out even taking it for a real ride. It’s been 9 months since the pelvic pain started on my DF and I haven’t been able to get a diagnosis after many appointments.

Last edited by rbk_3; 05-06-18 at 07:50 PM.