Old 05-08-18, 10:02 PM
GailT

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 14 Posts
Originally Posted by bleui
I was on Radius, it's just not wide enough even with the 155mm width and my perineum area just doesn't agree with the center/middle part of the saddle
I think the 155mm would be the Fabric Gel saddle that is marketed for commuters who "generally occupy a more upright position", and the radius in their other saddles is also described as being for an upright position for commuters who "favor comfort and practicality over speed". I've ordered a Fabric Scoop flat, was not sure if I should get the flat or the shallow, but I'll try it out and report back. I currently have an Ergon SMC4 that has been pretty comfortable on 50 mile rides, but I want to see if I can find something better for longer rides.

This is how they described each of the shape profiles:

Scoop Flat has the aggressive profile you're looking for to pair with your slammed frame geometry. If being in an "aero" position no longer holds much appeal for you, the Scoop Shallow encourages a more natural body position in the saddle as you duck into your drops and onto your hoods over the course of a ride. And if you're commuting and favor comfort and practicality over speed, the Scoop Radius' upright orientation is ideal.

Last edited by GailT; 05-08-18 at 10:06 PM.