Old 05-10-18, 03:30 AM
KraneXL

Bikes: Cannondale Quick SL1 Bike - 2014

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3405 Post(s)
Liked 240 Times in 185 Posts
Originally Posted by Joshcole1122
Long legs. I can’t find a bike that feels right.
Same. During my research, I found Cannondale to cater to tall riders the most.
Originally Posted by Vio1
Im 6 foot 4 and I've always had trouble feeling comfortable on a bike.
Same. Then again what is the paradigm for bike comfortable? When I'm riding my bike I'm fine up to around 4 hours. Longer than that and things (wrist, seat, etc.) begin to hurt. Is that the discomfort associated with the bike's geometry, or just my limit to time in the saddle? Consider that even the most comfortable seat can be come uncomfortable if you set in it long enough.

In any event, just being over 6'2 means that we live in a world full of discomforts where we have to adapt, including convenience and appliance. Consider planes, trains, and automobiles. None of them are designed with tall people in mind, They're designed for those of average height, which for men in the U.S. is 5'9". That's a lot of inches where we have to adapt.

Since men 6'2" and taller only account for 3.9 percent of the population its no surprise that most devices fall well outside our comfort zone. If that's not enough, just having longer limbs means our joint are going to be subject to more stress than someone of average height no matter what the circumstances are. Given all that, isn't a certain amount of discomfort for tall people inherent?
Originally Posted by Clem von Jones
I think you should be trying something around 58cm-ish ETT with hideously large saddle-to-bar drop, like about 17cm. The taller you are the more imperative it is to fine-tune a good horizontal aero position. High head tubes on vintage bicycles, or the new fad of adventure-style bikes with bars level to the saddle will prevent tall people from achieving a comfortable position. When you see a bike like this you might initially think, wow there's no possibility that could be comfortable, but you would be wrong. Tall people need this. Try it and see. This isn't my bike but I'm guessing the rider is about 6'4" or 6'5".

Maybe? But there's no way to tell for sure from that photo alone. All we know is that the rider has longer legs but not his overall height.