Flatballer
No matches

Bikes: two wheeled ones

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1398 Post(s)
Liked 444 Times in 250 Posts
Originally Posted by gsteinb
Uncharacteristically frustrated by my thumb. Cast came off, but the fracture still needs some healing. Worse is I don't have much range of motion (read:any) and it hurts when it pressure is applied from certain angles (like where hands meet bars or hoods). I had really really planned on doing a short hill climb Saturday to defend last year's win. But form isn't what it was, it's 3 hours driving each way for a 15 min race, and well, I'm more likely to get dropped from the lead group than win. Plus I'm in the no fall zone. My luck a junior's mom would take me out on the way to the porta-potty. Gotta head to OT and another month on the shelf. Last five weeks have learned me that you need a fully functioning thumb to get through it all. Sorry, that might have come out more upbeat than I feel! Drove out to the big lake with the dogs last night to watch water skiers and get ice cream. Dogs got kid sized soft serve. I had vanilla peanut butter cup. Guess I'm really not doing a hill climb this weekend. Sorry, Diary, this was CDR long. I'll do better next time.
The thumb is one of the main reasons humans are in charge. So yeah, it's pretty useful. Let it heal so you don't end up with pain the rest of your life when you try to open a jar.