Old 05-10-18, 06:41 AM
atwl77
Kamen Rider

Bikes: Fuji Transonic Elite, Marechal Soul Ultimate, Dahon Dash Altena

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 351 Post(s)
Liked 277 Times in 164 Posts
Amidst the post-election political drama that's currently going on, I'm preparing for another 300K up north in my hometown this weekend. Weather seems to be consistently on the hot side (expecting to top at 32-34 Celcius, but with a "feels like" rating closer to 37-40) so I'm gearing up with hot weather gear (110+ spf sunblock, lightweight jersey, arm screens, etc) and really, really, really hoping for the best.

This particular 300K feels jinxed in some way, hence me really hoping all the bad luck ends here and all goes well on the actual day. Originally slated one week later, then moved earlier to avoid clashing with the Muslim fasting month, but in doing so putting it nearly right after the country's general election. A local randonneur who signed up for this event died from a cardiac arrest during a training ride so this event has been turned into a memorial ride for the guy. And on top of that, I got sick last Sunday and am only now recovering, so I've had no training since that time and will be riding in less-than-tip-top condition. Wow, I really can't think of any positive event/memory/thought to associate with this event.

Now if only the local election drama gets done quickly so we don't have to worry about politics during the ride, would be a good start......

Edit: Things seem to be moving forward, no more politics, YAYY!!

Last edited by atwl77; 05-10-18 at 08:50 AM.