View Single Post
Old 05-10-18, 06:29 PM
hokiefyd 

Bikes: More bikes than riders

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1446 Post(s)
Liked 762 Times in 570 Posts
Each of the "big three" in this category (Giant Roam, Specialized Crosstrail, and Trek DS) is an excellent bike. I would do as previously suggested and test ride each of them to see which fits you best and which colors and styles you like best. I recently bought a Giant Roam 2 (600 bucks) and I'm really enjoying it. The Suntour NEX fork on these three bikes has its pros and cons. I own two bikes with this fork and I enjoy it on both. I also own other bikes with rigid forks and enjoy those bikes for different reasons.

I recently bought a Giant ARX (rigid fork hybrid with 27.5x2.0" tires) and I did not find it to be comfortable at all. I traded that for the Roam, which is a world apart in terms of riding comfort and enjoyment, for me. We're all different; bottom line, test ride the bikes and buy what you like the best. If that's a rigid fork hybrid, that's great. If it's one of the dual sport bikes mentioned above, that's great also. #1 priority is getting out there on two wheels! Best of luck in your search.