Carbonfiberboy 
just another gosling

Bikes: CoMo Speedster 2003, Trek 5200, CAAD 9, Fred 2004

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3889 Post(s)
Liked 1,938 Times in 1,383 Posts
Originally Posted by KraneXL
Which you can consume more than enough of pre fast. Not directly, but you enhance it through fasting. It the hormonal response that's responsible for all the magic.
Interesting. Do you have some studies that show that in say, powerlifters who got stronger when they fasted before a workout?

The glycogen thing interests me. We have two types of glycogen, liver and muscle. Maybe "types" is too strong a word, but the difference is so great it's maybe worth using it. If one eats correctly before a fast and isn't real active during it, then muscle glycogen will be intact and ready to go when one starts to work out. We all do that when we sleep and ride the next morning. However by the next morning, our liver glycogen is pretty much depleted. After an extended fast like you're advocating, liver glycogen is going to be gone. I once did a long easy ride with good muscle glycogen but low liver glycogen and had a terrible experience, almost passing out on the bike from brain bonk. I stopped and ate a few hundred calories and was able to continue. So I'm curious about how that works for IFers. They're not going to be in ketosis because of eating and ordinary diet. so their brains will still be running on glucose. No glusose, no brain.