View Single Post
Old 05-14-18, 08:05 PM
Palden

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Piechowiak11
Alright guys I went and rode the giant roam and the ds2 they both rode well I'm thinking about the giant more though, but the guy at the shop brought up the idea of getting a mountain bike and throwing different tires on it in case I ever wanted to get into mountain biking the frame would hold up. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Good ? Bad? Indifferent? I'm not opposed to the idea just not sure how a mountain bike would handle with road tires on it.
I am a noob and I faced the same choice. I looked at a DS2 and considered a Trek Marlin 6 since my LBS was a Trek dealer. The shop mentioned getting different tires for the Marlin. In the end though I decided on the DS2 because I was more comfortable on it. Also, after I really thought about the riding I would do, I realized I would be mostly on rail trails (paved and unpaved) until I was in better shape and more experienced, and then could possibly consider a more off road bike. My older age factored in the decision too. I would defer to the experienced folks on here as to their thoughts. So far I am happy with my choice. The roam sounds like a great bike as well.