jj1091
Mike J

Bikes: 1975 Peugeot PX-50L, 1971 Peugeot PX-10, 1974 Peugeot PX-8

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Kilroy1988
I couldn't help myself as I debated whether or not I was going to paint the 1970 Super Course, so I began throwing it together with the components I plan to use and cleaned up the paint a bit. It has numerous serious scratches and chips, but a majority of the paint still shines in a way that would be hard to replicate without expensive paint and plenty of effort. I've decided to put the new decals I purchased over the original paint and then put it back together. The inspiration for my handlebar/stem combo, the top tube pump, and fenders are late Raleigh Super Lentons and other models from the late 1950s that were advertised with "continental" handlebars in the catalogs.

I have Huret Jubilee derailleurs on another bike that I will switch over to the Super Course. I'm excited to get it on the road as a truly vintage rider! Nothing new or refurbished here, so less to worry about!

-Gregory

Good call on keeping the original paint. A little careful touchup will fix those bad spots. Is that your artwork on top of the dresser?