View Single Post
Old 05-17-18, 07:59 AM
cyccommute 
Mad bike riding scientist

Bikes: Some silver ones, a red one, a black and orange one, and a few titanium ones

Mentioned: 153 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6294 Post(s)
Liked 4,331 Times in 2,427 Posts
Originally Posted by Abu Mahendra
i am actually calling you largely ignorant of the specifics and the gamut of small wheel bicycles. your comments about gearing, your comments about weight are glaring examples. you speak in blanket generalities devoid of nuance. you glossing over the differences among ISO305, 349, 355, 406, 451 exemplifies this. you set up the 24" strawman only to take it down yourself. you are biased and ignorant.
​​
Biased, yes. Ignorant, no. And, as bicycle wheels aren't a protected class, I'm allowed to be biased.

That said, I'll let my slightly taller wife than 408mopar's friend have the last word. I asked her if she recalled test riding a Dahon which she did. I also asked her what she thought of the bike to which she said it was okay. I then asked her if she would like to use one as her regular bicycle. After I wiped the tea from the spit take off my face and helped her straighten up from laughing, she said "No. They are just too goofy."

'Nuff said.
Gold Fever Three days of dirt in Colorado
Pokin' around the Poconos A cold ride around Lake Erie
Dinosaurs in Colorado A mountain bike guide to the Purgatory Canyon dinosaur trackway
Solo Without Pie. The search for pie in the Midwest.
Picking the Scablands. Washington and Oregon, 2005. Pie and spiders on the Columbia River!