bobwysiwyg

Bikes: Mongoose Selous, Trek DS

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 941 Post(s)
Liked 319 Times in 189 Posts
Originally Posted by Aim2bFit
Good Day,

Summer is bound to get here sooner or later, so I'm looking for personal thoughts on the best long bike trails in the area. Seattle had a real nice rail trail thru town, and it would be great to find a few of those around here. It would also be great to find trails both near enough for a long day outing, or far enough for a full weekend mini-vacation. My new-to-me road bike and my trusty mountain bike are both ready for weekend and weekday trips (retired).

I have circled Mackinac Island, and would enjoy that again. The Charlevoix area is nice, but I don't know if there are any good bike paths. If any of you have time on any good bike paths in the area, feel free to describe them to me and what you think about them.

Thanks
I'll toss one more into the mix. You seem willing to travel some. Might I suggest the Kal-Haven trail between Kalamazoo and South Haven. Nice, I think. We vacation every year over that way, South Haven, Holland, etc. It's about 30-35 miles where I pick it up, but I pick it up in Kalamazoo, but I believe you can pick it up further to the east. We love the lakes, we also vacation in the U.P. every year as well.