View Single Post
Old 05-18-18, 01:59 AM
badmother

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by skadoosh
So I was looking to buy an inexpensive folding bike to keep in the office, so I was reading through all of the posts and noticed a lot of people are happy with Origami bikes.

So doing a little more research, and when doing a google search for "origami bicycles", one of the top links is a thread on bike forums with the title "A very unpleasent experience with Origami Bicycle Company's ..."

So while I was 100% sure before that I was going to buy an origami bicycle, I am not so sure anymore. I am not trying to bash Origami, I just found it surprising that the top link (that is not affiliated with origami bikes) is a review about a not so pleasant experience with the company. I understand through that thread that the issue was resolved eventually, but I find it disconcerting that the first response, or first few responses were not to give 100% satisfaction of a product.

So I didn't know if that was just the past and things are different now. But I wanted to hear about people's experiences with Origami Bicycles. Not so much how you were treated when everything went smoothly. But how you were treated when something went wrong. Because I think you can tell more about a company with how they treat you when something goes wrong, more than when something is going smoothly.

I dont know if I am just spoiled by the companies that pride themselves in customer service. But bad customer service or even just mediocre service is a turn off.
So you found one negative thread in the last 5 years? I would not be too concerned... Remember there are some really nasty costumers out there too....