Old 05-18-18, 05:13 AM
skadoosh

Bikes: Two unicycles duct taped together

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bonzo Banana
As someone who has worked in customer service it is my experience a small percentage of people are completely unreasonable, are never fair and operate at the fringe of acceptable behaviour.

I would add this forum posting to my overall view of Origami bikes for sure but it wouldn't cancel out a potential purchase of an Origami bike if that bike was the best spec and price for me and most people were very happy with that bike.
That is very true. I do agree that there are people who are unreasonable and expect to get more than they deserve. One time I was at IHOP and a person called the manager after finishing her food and asked for a refund because their food was not good. The manager asked them why they finished the food if it wasn't good, and why they didnt ask to have it redone in the first place. The person said that she was hungry and expected a new dish made so she can take it to go. Of course IHOP refunded her meal and gave her another. Ridiculous request, but amazing customer service.

In the case of the thread, I don't think the original poster was unreasonable. They just didnt want to have to pay anything out of pocket for a mistake that wasnt their fault. Which I think is very reasonable. Why should they be out $60ish dollars?

And yes. I am not completely turned off because origami bikes seem like a good bike for the money. But customer service is important to me, so I just wanted to see what people's experiences are. Which I realize now that bikeforums may not be the best place to get objective feedback. It seems like the company posts here a lot and are friends with a lot of the members and are very protective of them.