Old 05-18-18, 05:48 AM
skadoosh

Bikes: Two unicycles duct taped together

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by badmother
So you found one negative thread in the last 5 years? I would not be too concerned... Remember there are some really nasty costumers out there too....
You are right that this was one negative thread in 5 years. But guess what, I did the google search yesterday, and that thread was the top search result that wasn't Origami's website. Also, even though the thread is old, what is said in that thread is going to be out there forever. Non members of bikeforums who may have heard about origami bikes, who is doing research on google, that link is going to be the first thing they see. Most people wont even read the thread (or the whole thread) the first thing they will see on google is that someone had a "very unpleasant experience" with origami bicycles. And if the do open the thread, the first thing they will see is rusted parts on an origami bikes. So while you are correct that this was 5 years ago, the thread and the pictures are still the first thing you see when you search for origami bikes. And that is why I think that thread is still relevant to me. Sometimes I search for reviews on yelp on restaurants. And one restaurant in particular had raving reviews, there was one review that said that they got in their food a band aid from one of the cooks and the manager just laughed at them. That one review made me not want to eat in that restaurant.

Also, the original poster of that thread didn't seem like a nasty customer. Reading their posts as compared to other posts in that thread, they actually seemed like one of the reasonable posters in that thread.