Old 05-18-18, 05:29 PM
Pinigis 

Bikes: Origami Gazelle, Origami Crane 8, Origami Cricket 7

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 452 Post(s)
Liked 405 Times in 241 Posts
Originally Posted by skadoosh
Actually there is. Just admitting that they didnt handle that situation well would reassure me. I never expect people or companies to be perfect. I know mistakes can be made. But what matters is what they do when something goes wrong. Without them admitting that they did something wrong means that they didn't think they did something wrong. It means that calling someone's real name in forums was not wrong. That saying they fully refunded the person when they didnt refund the shipping isnt wrong. That taking two months to refund everything wasnt wrong. That dismissing someones complains as venting isnt wrong.

If they admit no wrongdoing then that means that if I had that same problem, then they would handle it the same way. They would use my real name in forum threads and dismiss it as whining. They would take two months to fully refund my money. And probably only if I start a thread on bikeforums.

My mind isnt 100% made up that Origami customer service is bad. It was just obviously bad in that situation (I don't think anyone will doubt that). What is concerning is that they dont seem to want to admit that their handling of that situation was bad. And that is what is concerning. And makes me wonder if they learned anything from that.

It doesnt matter that it wasnt rust, that it was just zinc. The pictures on the website is not representative of the bike delivered. Again, the customer expected no "zinc galvanizing" when they bought the bike. Again, using that excuse does not show contrition. More excuses.If you really don't think it is a big deal, then you should put those pictures as part of the pictures on the website and just mention something like sometimes you will get bicycles with zinc galvanizing. If you dont then you know it is a big deal.

Just a question though. Do you feel like you handled that thread correctly? If I get a bicycle with some issues is that how I will be treated? Or has customer service changed since that incident. Because if the company has changed their customer service and showed that they learned from their mistakes, then that is a big deal and will give me confidence in the customer service.
In retrospect, it would have been a lot better to eat the return shipping costs to avoid all of this.