Old 05-21-18, 06:58 PM
Ballenxj

Bikes: Diamond Back Apex, Mongoose IBOC Aluminum Road Bike, SR road bike

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 515 Post(s)
Liked 167 Times in 116 Posts
Originally Posted by salcedo

He said “look at how we here” and the OP is about how motorists view “us”. I assume by us the OP meant people who use bicycles. I use bicycles, but I never behave like the person in the video.

I don’t mean to shoot anyone, but I think it is in the best interest of cyclists to reject the validity of that kind of generalizations.

If you look for videos of bad drivers, they are typically called “this specific driver is a moron” if you look for videos of bad cyclists they are called “all cyclists are morons”. That right there is the real problem
OK, I made the original post with a title that says; How a motorist might view us. My very first line went exactly like this;
Originally Posted by Ballenxj
Are we presenting a good impression to motorists? I happened across this video on youtube, and think this might be a good discussion starter.
I don't see where you, or anybody else was singled out by the original messenger, "Me." This was a sample that shows how some, but not all drivers see cyclists because of the poor example set by one. This thread was not meant to make us argue among ourselves, point fingers, or any such thing. I thought it would be a good post to promote awareness, but I'm starting to wish I had never posted it in the first place, as this seems to be upsetting some folk here.