Machka 
In Real Life

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3203 Post(s)
Liked 596 Times in 329 Posts
Originally Posted by bruce19
But, what I did notice surprised me. After a week or so, I no longer wanted to wear shoes. Barefoot just feels better. Wondering if anyone else has had any experiences with this.
I live in Australia. 'Everyone' goes barefoot here.

However, I grew up in Canada. In Canada people tend not to go barefoot very often ... largely because of the weather. In a class I attended as part of one of my degrees, I learned how to teach physical education to children. One of the things the instructor mentioned was that Canadians tend to have rather weak, inflexible feet because Canadians wear heavy boots much of the year. She advocated letting children run around barefoot as much as possible to build up strength in their feet. I don't know if what she said was true or not ... didn't matter to me.

Then I moved to Australia and discovered that a lot of people walk around barefoot here or with flip flops at most. But they don't call it "grounding" or anything like that ... it's just what people do ... and what I started doing more of as well.

The only possible "health benefit" I may have noticed is that when I walk on sand, in the cold, salty water of the ocean, the arthritis in my feet seems to feel a bit better.

But a question ... when you get home after work at night, do you wear shoes in the house?

Last edited by Machka; 05-24-18 at 05:11 AM.