burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,569 Times in 974 Posts
Originally Posted by Achilles0557

One of the most helpful responses, thank you. I put 28s on and gatorskinz for the toughness. I had two flats on my rear in the first week with bontrager R3s, 25s. My speed hasn’t gone down at all.

I have always wanted a road bike, so that is what I went with. Especially since I spend a lot of weekends camping up in the mountains, about 8 hours from me. I have the itch now. I’ve been going out now, knocking out a 20 mile ride, changing gear, then taking my MTB to the local trails.

anyways, thanks for the tips. I’ll google groups near me

Also, don't worry about it if it does happen. People I've come across have been very nice and encouraging.

I'm a racer that's in way over my head for my own good. I'm fit, but not special. I showed up to a local ride I thought I'd drop off from. I tried something dumb off the front just to see what would happen, failed, almost fell off the back. But when I had drifted back several guys were rooting the attempt and to hang on.

You'll get there. Also, if you start falling off, let people know. Often people will stick with you.

I've got a guy I ride with that we sometimes go Friday afternoon from work just the two of us. Last time out he had a bad day, it was hot. I was dropping him bad up a hill and after the hill. He didn't even make a sound, quiet as a mouse. I stopped at a stop sign and he was just gone for 2 minutes. When he caught up, I told him "dude, let me know next time and I'll wait up". I'd rather have the companionship than leave someone behind! Especially if I'm not racing around. I'd rather have a buddy to talk to and work with.