View Single Post
Old 05-24-18, 03:15 PM
Achilles0557

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
[QUOTE=burnthesheep;20357506]Also, don't worry about it if it does happen. People I've come across have been very nice and encouraging.

I'm a racer that's in way over my head for my own good. I'm fit, but not special. I showed up to a local ride I thought I'd drop off from. I tried something dumb off the front just to see what would happen, failed, almost fell off the back. But when I had drifted back several guys were rooting the attempt and to hang on.

You'll get there. Also, if you start falling off, let people know. Often people will stick with you.

I've got a guy I ride with that we sometimes go Friday afternoon from work just the two of us. Last time out he had a bad day, it was hot. I was dropping him bad up a hill and after the hill. He didn't even make a sound, quiet as a mouse. I stopped at a stop sign and he was just gone for 2 minutes. When he caught up, I told him "dude, let me know next time and I'll wait up". I'd rather have the companionship than leave someone behind! Especially if I'm not racing around. I'd rather have a buddy to talk to and wo

thanks man, this is the kind of help or advice I was looking for. I’m not on this forum to “brag” I’m looking for constructive criticism on what to look for in my future with this amazing sport/hobby. I’m not here to race, mostly tour...possibly long distance someday. I have a passion for life and enjoy seeing the world in self propelled vehicles, ie MTB, kayak, now road bike.