Old 05-28-18, 11:19 AM
KraneXL

Bikes: Cannondale Quick SL1 Bike - 2014

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3405 Post(s)
Liked 240 Times in 185 Posts
Originally Posted by CMBravo
On Aug 27,2016 I was diagnosed T2 diabetic. I was weighting 278 lbs ,high blood pressure,.cholesterol and had sleep apnea. Endocrinologist sat me down and suggested low carbs and weight loss. If in 3 mths I did not improve my medical profile ,would prescribe insulin....I googled the issues and found several interesting programs. Diet Doctor,and Dr Jason Fung YouTube videos. Both Keto diet to lower A1C approach. I also purchased a road bike. Long story short ,lost 74lbs. ,sleep well and rested. more energy.I ride 20-30 miles 2-4 times a week weather permitting . avg 15mph. with sprints of 20-22 mph. Am 65 yrs old.
Would like to bring weigh dwn to 170 lbs and increase my mph to 17-18 ,perhaps do a century.
Looks like I have stuck my self in 204 for past 2 mths. Is it to much protein .Do you guys adjust as your weigh goes down? wondering if to much protein could be the culprit
Well you didn't mention how much protein you're taking in or your height and activity level for any calculation. There are many calculators out there to check however.

In any event, the most important thing to keep in mind is that you body adapts to whatever diet and/or training routine you institute, so its important to vary it every so often to keep it effective. Do you have an anaerobic routine or have you tried any fat burners?

Anyway, there are many paths or combinations to choose from, so pick the ones that best suits your lifestyle and goal. Also you might check out The Hierarchy of Fat Loss, it might provide some additional useful tidbits.