WGB

Bikes: Panasonic PT-4500

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1800 Post(s)
Liked 2,334 Times in 1,378 Posts
Paramount frame

Schwinn Paramount men's bicycle

There is a Paramount for sale in Buffalo and the pictures are terrible. Ad copy not much use.
"For sale . Mid 1970s .
Ready to ride .
34 inch stand over height.
27 inch wheels
Highest reasonable offer"

I have asked owner for following details

1) How tall is the frame (34 in stand over doesn't quite work for me, I want to know concrete numbers)

2) Who made the drive components - freewheel, front and rear derailleurs, shifters, brake levers and brakes, handlebar stem and bars, seat and seat post and cranks (Schwinn? Campagnolo? Shimano? Suntour etc?) - are the shifters Super Record? bars look to me like Sakai? Can't quite read name on seat?

3) Who made the wheels (actual rims should have a name stamped on them, wheel hubs as well)? Wheels look 27 inch

4) How many gears - looks like 5 speed rear?

5) Are rims Presta or Schraeder? Looks like Schraeder in photos?

6) Why is the rear brake cable hanging off the frame instead of through the brazeons?

Was thinking it looks like someone got a used frame and built it up on the cheap (either way back when or now).
Bothered by: potential paint damage caused by the rear rack
use of the screw on brake clamps when brazeons right there (are the brazeons crushed?)
cheap bar covers

Assuming no serious crushing under rack and the brazeons aren't crushed (and there is any value to the components) - oh almost forgot and if it fits me,
What value would you place on this one?? I was guessing $500 max