Old 05-30-18, 03:23 PM
John00

Bikes: 2 TiSports and a Ho Ko E Koo

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Ballenxj
Kudos to whomever keeps that stocked. What's the story on the bikes on top of the rail? Displays to get your attention?
I rode briefly with the owner, maybe 2 miles, it was a few years ago before he put up the tools. The Bikes are old inexpensive Schwinn bikes that aren't in rideable shape, mostly for decoration and showing he's a rider and rider friendly. It's on a little used road, but part of the Oregon Scenic Bikeway. Not too many tourists get out this far, but it's great riding out there, I try to ride out there 2-3 times a week. There was a house about a mile away with signs pointing to a free water tap a hundred feet down their driveway. I stopped for water once last year. The ranch might have been sold as the signs are now gone. This is way out in the country often a half mile or more between houses.

>>>What a neat idea! You are very fortunate to have access to such a nice amenity. Around these parts all of that would be stolen in no time by the hoodlums from the nearby ghetto city. Lol

People out here are very trusting and honest. There area few "Honor" produce stands in late summer, where people put vegetables, mostly tomatoes, out with the cash in a box where you can make change if you don't have the exact amount. I buy lot's of tomatoes there.

Last edited by John00; 05-30-18 at 03:55 PM.