View Single Post
Old 05-31-18, 12:31 PM
abshipp 

Bikes: 1975 Motobecane Grand Jubile, 2020 Holdsworth Competition, 2022 Giant Trance 29 3

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3377 Post(s)
Liked 3,699 Times in 1,258 Posts
Originally Posted by misctrader
What a gorgeous bike and scenery.
One was posted locally for $150, but its the Italian tri color iteration of this model. I'm really tempted to get it, what do you think is a fair price? Its not perfect though, a few scuffs, unidentical pedals, but I got a set, might need new tubes and tires, which I also have already, and maybe new bar wrap which I would have to buy. I'd love your feedback on this.
I know you didn't ask me, but if it's in pretty decent shape I would pay $150 for a Tempo any day. Really wonderful bikes, I've had two in my life

Lots of riding lately for me.

Saturday was the Blackhawk Country Roads Invitational, I rode the 65 mile route.
I ended up riding the entire ride with a nice guy named Bob. He pulled up next to me about 5 miles in, struck up a conversation, and we found out that we worked together really well both in conversation and pacing. It was nice to have someone so familiar with the route, it is quite well marked, but easy to get lost if you get distracted.

At the Brodhead WI rest stop I also met someone riding a 1984 Trek 613, converted to 650B with fenders. Basically he did the same thing with his Trek as I did with my Tempo. Unfortunately I forgot his name, but had a nice conversation with him as well.

Taken from Veterans Memorial Park, Brodhead WI

After recovering on Sunday, I finally put my new-to-me mountain bike together. 2010 is basically vintage in the world of mountain bikes, plus I'm super excited about how it rides.

Unfortunately, 10 miles into a planned 15 mile singletrack ride, the seal on the right leg totally let go and I lost all my oil and air pressure. New seal kit coming next week, so hopefully everything will be better soon!

2010 Banshee Paradox

Yesterday and the day before I got to try out my C15 Cambium on the Tempo. I think it will probably be a good fit, but I'm thinking the C17 might have been a bit better choice. We will see when I go on a long ride this weekend.

Stunning sunset last night: