View Single Post
Old 06-02-18, 11:23 AM
DQRider 
Old Boy

Bikes: Mostly 1st-generation, top-of-the-line, non-unicrown MTBs/ATBs: All 1984 models: Dawes Ranger, Peugeot Canyon Express, Ross Mt. Whitney (chrome), Schwinn High Sierra, and a 1983 Trek 850.

Mentioned: 134 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 984 Post(s)
Liked 1,715 Times in 611 Posts
Once Around the `Hood Before it Rains...

Yeah, it's supposed to rain all day here today. It seems that every ride I take my Leica on lately happens under dreary grey skies. Still, when I rolled Celeste out of the garage this morning, my day brightened considerably.

Even though she rolls on skinny 28s, she handles gravel just fine.

Well into Spring now, all of the local flora is incredibly lush. Of course, the frequent rains are responsible for that.

Here's a local stone... no, make that boulder wall that makes a great backdrop.

And this rickety old bridge points the way home.

So I'm posting this from my attic right now, listening to the rain pattering on the roof. I guess I'll have to find something to do inside for the rest of the day. Maybe I'll assemble that new soda blaster - that will be a challenging project. It comes with a big bag of hardware, and only text instructions; no drawings or graphics as we have become accustomed to. If I'm successful, the old Super Course frameset will be stripped and prepped for paint tomorrow. If not, I'll just take a long ride. Or maybe both?

Roulez pour la joie, jamais pour la douleur.

USMC 1981-1991 Semper Fi!