View Single Post
Old 01-13-06, 09:51 AM
VenusdeVelo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have Cyclo-Core and Cyclo-Zen, but not Cyclo-Speed (and I've not purchased his training programs). I like them, but to really get the benefits, you need to believe not only in the training on your bike piece (obvious) but also believe in the benefits of core strength for cyclists. He (Graeme Street) spends a good deal of DVD time on core workouts (using a fitness ball, power yoga) and flexibility and general strength (yoga). Georgena Terry (Terry Bicycles) has also touted his program on her blog (w/no affiliation claims).

Now as far as value, you get alot on the DVDs and CDs: 1.) indoor cycling routines (no, they're not as entertaining as Spinervals, but they accomplish the goals and are short and sweet so to speak...less than an hour I think most are), 2.) nutrition tips and discussions with other experts, 3.) power yoga routines, 4.) recovery yoga routines, etc. I have also found that his power yoga routines will challenge those of you who are, shall we say, a bit "testosterone-laden" with your strength training....try his 8 minute power yoga consecutive times and see how you feel (this is the one with hindu quats, which are similar to squats with more controlled arm movement and coming up on toes to work a great set of leg muscles). When you think about the fact that every Spinervals DVD is around $25-$30, they're not cheap either, and Street's programs give you the equivalent of a few DVDs. The key also is this is a more holistic program so you get the "whole thing". You pick and choose your workouts (based on a logical combination) but you get a good complete program for $60ish. I am not one who can sit on my trainer for an hour or more without a DVD, so that's my point of reference for my training. I do supplement Cycle-Core/-Zen with Spinervals as well because I like them as well for my aerobic or interval training.

So I give it an A- or B+, but again, I am a firm believer in yoga/core trainingfor cyclists so I believe in his philosophies. And again, it's not your typical mellow, relaxing yoga, it's power yoga, you'll get your heart moving and get the benefits of the flex and strength.

Has anyone out there tried or seen his new Training Programs?