View Single Post
Old 06-06-18, 10:17 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4407 Post(s)
Liked 4,049 Times in 2,700 Posts
What are you looking for? Cheap weak locks are all the same no matter what color or shape they are. Figure out if you have a lot of bike theft in your area and get a lock that suits those levels. Bike shops tend to know a great deal about that because we deal with a lot of that from people needing better locks to new bikes to mentioning about their stolen bikes.

I don't need to have used the ottolock or some other forms of cable and light duty locks to know they are not very strong and really to stop the total opportunistic thief who has zero tools on them and that is about it. If you are looking for something on road rides I recommend a friend or more so that way you can stop and grab water or potty and they can watch the bike and you can all switch. Also I have found a lot of places are quite accommodating if you don't have a lock and you can just bring it in.