Old 06-12-18, 08:29 AM
furiousferret

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 842 Post(s)
Liked 469 Times in 250 Posts
Originally Posted by arai_speed
Thanks for all the replies ya'll!

I was reading an article on Joe Dombrowski and was surprised by his base CTL of 100, which then jumped to 192 at the end of the Giro. When I started seeing the CTLs being posted here I thought - WTF?!

@aaronmcd - yes, that's about right...my PMC based on Golden Cheetah since I got a PM on the new bike.

Bear in mind, all training software tracks CTL a little bit differently. As an experiment, I'm using WKO4, Golden Cheetah, Cycling Analytics, and Stravastix none are the same in terms of CTL with a difference up to 15. GC and Strava (baseline) are on the low end, while WKO is on the high end. I don't think that matters in terms of training, but one persons 90 CTL is another person's 75.

Originally Posted by hubcyclist
wow, I'm really popular at the moment lol glad it produced some discussion. I'm definitely in the camp of ctl not equaling race fitness, or moreso, it depends. Of course, with the training I've been doing I'm marginally race fit, and have rediscovered that road racing doesn't really fit into my life at the moment, so I had kind of set aside all the build stuff and any road race specific training I had been doing and just setting my calendar for the fondo in July, gravel event in August, and CX season. I'd love to do training crits as time permits, but otherwise I have no real focus on road/crit stuff at the moment
Good luck on those, it was merely a suggestion. Sorry I pulled you into an online knife fight, trust me that wasn't my intention!

Last edited by furiousferret; 06-12-18 at 08:34 AM.