Old 06-13-18, 04:19 PM
socalscalatore

Bikes: 2017 CAAD12

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by socalscalatore
I finally got my Fabric Line Race Shallow 142mm, went on a 55 mile ride.

Previously I had a Fabric Scoop Flat, which I liked over all, except the "numbing on the junk" problem.

The Line saddles has a center channel. This did fix the numbing issue. Throughout the ride, even on a 35-minute climb, no numbing at all. I do wish the channel was wider, and the sides of the channel was a lower, rounder profile. Near the end of ride I thought I could feel the sides of the channel, they never hurt or anything though.

Sit bone comfort was good. I stayed seated the most of the ride, didn't feel the need to get off or anything.

That's my initial impression of the Fabric Line after first ride. I will keep the saddle.
Wanted to give up an update. I have decided this Fabric Line Race Shallow 142mm does not work for me after all.

I made the mistake of coming to a conclusion too quickly. Truth is a saddles can't be judged until you've ridden it for a couple weeks, on multiple long rides.

1st problem I have with the Fabric Line is that the relief channel is not wide enough. so I was getting junk-numbing again.

2nd problem is the Fabric Line's sitting surface, the part where your sitbones put weight on the saddle, is not as flat as the Fabric Scoop. I prefer a flat sitting surface. Weather it's due to the addition of the channel, or it's inherent in the Fabric Shallow geometry, the sitting surface is very "sloped".

so sadly I'm no longer on the Fabric Line. Back to ISM's for me.