Old 06-19-18, 11:24 AM
badger_biker 

Bikes: 10 vintage touring machines

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked 126 Times in 66 Posts
Originally Posted by The Golden Boy
The C17 Cambium is now my favorite saddle. I like the Cambiums more than I like the B17, granted, I have a sample of one B17 and two different Cambiums.

It was actually quite a while before I'd gotten/ridden a B17- I think my favorite saddle had been the Selle San Marco Touring saddle- but I didn't like that it didn't have bag loops. The Avocet Touring II was also a favorite. When I got the B17 I realized why people like them- it's much more supportive. The Cambium has that supportiveness across the back that the San Marco and Avocet don't have that the B17 has.

I would not hesitate to recommend the C17, especially to anyone that likes a B17.
Always nice to see more touring bike pictures! Thanks for more of that beauty.

I prefer the narrow version of the B-17 and tried a C-15 on my Miyata 1000 for a while. I really wanted to love that saddle because the shape was perfect but I found the tail end near the rivets to be just too stiff and hard compared to flex that leather has. I like to ride back on the saddle so maybe to someone who doesn't it would be a non issue. I just found it got to feeling hard after about 20 miles where as the B-17 N never does. I hadn't seen that color for the Cambium before - very nice compliment to your bar tape.