Old 06-20-18, 12:40 PM
jefnvk

Bikes: 2016 Novara Mazama

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3640 Post(s)
Liked 81 Times in 51 Posts
Originally Posted by DomaneS5
I still have a new box of ProV1 balls in the garage. They collected dust even when I played golf regularly. I always played with cheap balls... Noodles, Slazenger, Top Flite, etc... because I was losing them in water hazards and hitting OOB. .... Walmart bikes have their place.
Agree on all points. Didn't even know what Pro V1s were til last Fathers day. Went on a corporate outing where I got a box from a vendor a few years ago, not knowing anything about them. Pulled them out when dad asked what I was hitting that morning, they were just the first box in my bag I got my hands on, he took one look a them and said "nope, you're not using those, those are $50 a box". Handed him the dozen and told him "Happy Father's Day!"

But yeah cheap sports equipment exists for a reason. It is decent enough for a non-enthusiast who are going to use it once or thrice a year, and at a price point they can afford. Soon as my bag of balls I've found in the woods over the years runs out (and it is depleting at my rather technical league course at a rapid pace), I'll be to the $9 boxes of whatever is on sale from Dicks or Wal-Mart in a hurry. Yes, I realize there is better, no, I'm not paying for it until I get what I can out of the cheap stuff!