Old 06-23-18, 07:38 PM
UniChris

Bikes: 36" Unicycle, winter knock-around hybrid bike

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 930 Post(s)
Liked 393 Times in 282 Posts
Originally Posted by rollagain
UniChris, you gave me a double-take with "recumbent unicycle"--I had to look that up. I wouldn't say they were recumbent, really, just crank-forward ... still. Thanks for sending me on a little exploration journey
I assume you saw Corbin's? It has a bench seat rather than a saddle, though now that I look again there's no back on the seat. `bent riders usually push against the seat back, right? With probably a fairly low gear ratio it's not like you really mash the pedals on this, and not having the back may have been a consideration for mounting it if he ever tried it other than riding a way from support. I get the sense that it and the tandem uni aren't really ridden but brought out for laughs at post-ride parties, but I've never met him.

Yeah, that second drive arrangement is pretty problematic and I suspect a working solution might be really energy-inefficient, like for instance, cable drive.
Introducing, the world's first human-electric bicycle... you pedal the dynamo, and the motor makes you go! It works for trains and ships and cars, why not bikes (j/k).

Last edited by UniChris; 06-23-18 at 07:43 PM.