View Single Post
Old 06-26-18, 09:16 AM
T-Mar

Mentioned: 654 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4722 Post(s)
Liked 3,036 Times in 1,874 Posts
Originally Posted by speedevil
@T-Mar, thanks for the model and year ID. I was hoping that you might be able to ID it. I won't actually have it for a week or so, but I plan to keep it as-is for the most part. Saddle and pedals will be replaced, but the remainder will stay as-is. I am pretty sure it is a repaint, and the decals for a roughly 40 year old frame are almost never in that condition. The paint around the rear axle is too good to be original too. The panto on the stem and seatpost look clean. This will be a nice project to polish up and ride. I guess I found my Eroica bike now.

I believe the pantographed seat post and stem are OEM. A few Turismo have surfaced in the past. Most had the pantographed seat post. While none had the pantographed stem, it is far more common to replace a stem, to achieve a proper fit. Also, extant catalogs from 1982 & 1985, show pantographed stems,even on mid-range models. The only feature that you frame lacks compared to the others is a pump peg (Pinarello called it a pump bump) but your short head tube would prevent this feature. BTW, the spec'd tubeset was Columbus SL. FYI, all the other Turismo were reported with R-code serial numbers.I will be interested to know if yours is the same.