Old 06-27-18, 09:22 PM
KraneXL

Bikes: Cannondale Quick SL1 Bike - 2014

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3405 Post(s)
Liked 240 Times in 185 Posts
Originally Posted by brawlo

I do IF and have had no problems sticking to it. It is my one saving grace and likely the only reason my weight didn’t blow out. I weight 125kg now, but despite that weight, I’m now carrying a similar level of body fat to when I was 110kg. I have spent a good 6months now on solid heavy gym lifting.
As am I. Although I just passed 3 years now after a gap of 8 years of inactivity due to an injury. Its a challenge with the pain and all, but I have the pain whether I exercise or not. So its not like it hurts any more, and sometimes, even less. Besides, adding muscle is a good solution to fat loss.

Back when I trialed 5/2 I was quite literally scared at [the prospect of consuming just 550 I calories in a day. I kind of jumped in the deep end with that diet due to mitigating family history health risk factors, but it knocked down some big mental barriers for me in relation to eating and really paved a way forward for me with understanding food, and how it affects the body
I did that as well as a jump-start to the fat I had accumulated from 8 years of inactivity. Still, its something I did on my own, but is not healthy, so I wouldn't recommend it to anyone else.

To be honest IF is tough (and likely for 90% of the population) because as modern humans we grew up with the ease of eating. We're the first group in the history of mankind to be able to eat literally 24/7. Getting used to doing otherwise for all but a few of us, is a hard habit to break.

Of course, the fasting is not the diet but the protocol that aids us in achieving our fat loss goal. The good news about using fasting. however, is that its good for much more than just fat loss. It serves as an enhancement in many ways including the mind, body and soul.