View Single Post
Old 06-29-18, 10:11 PM
CliffordK

Mentioned: 217 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18421 Post(s)
Liked 4,536 Times in 3,369 Posts
Originally Posted by Mobile 155
You have to pay for the truck to pick up at the warehouse and you have to pay the driver to deliver the packages. Amazon isn't looking for last mile they are looking for warehouse to home delivery. And 50 bucks a day is only $6.25 an hour. But if anyone believes that can make a living delivering Amazon packages I say sign up. Amazon will still get a better deal from USPS. And the customer gets the package delivered to the mail box or the door.
I have to assume you read what you quoted.

$50 for 2 hours work is $25 / hour.

I didn't say a livable wage, but not bad for part-time work to supplement other income, or cater to individuals who wish to work part-time for one reason or another. Students? Retired? Working moms?

Yep.. one would have to run the truck, but would have to do so anyway as there are many locations across the USA not within 20 miles of the warehouses, and it would massively inefficient to expect delivery vans to drive 200 miles each way to pick up their daily cargo.

The big question is whether pre-containerizing shipments for quick drops would be efficient or inefficient. And, perhaps designing a system to pick the containers and drop them quickly without a dock. Also a system to exchange empty and full containers on the truck with partial loads.