Old 07-02-18, 01:15 PM
jefnvk

Bikes: 2016 Novara Mazama

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3640 Post(s)
Liked 81 Times in 51 Posts
Originally Posted by ironwood
I never said I despise the people who ride the PMC; but I am amazed by all this expensive equipment I see; all for a simple bike ride to the Cape.

I still don't know why people give money to people who participate in Charity bike rides or walkathons. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that the US is an a very sedentary society and anything requiring a little physical effort is seen as extraordinary.
Not everyone is into cycling for the same reasons as you, it really is that simple. There are many here who would question why you waste your time on a dumpster bike. I am not one of them, but they exist. Cost is all relative. TO me, there is a huge difference between a $1k and a $3k bike. My "new" bikes both retailed around the $1k mark, and they suit my needs, even though I could easily afford a $3k bike if I really wanted one without lots of saving or skimping. To someone on double my salary, a $1k bike might not even be worth their time to consider, they may just want the nicer one.

WRT such rides, some people like the companionship. I personally like the party at the end with piles of bikes all around me