Old 07-03-18, 08:25 AM
mr_bill

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2112 Post(s)
Liked 663 Times in 443 Posts
So, tried a Lime Bike yesterday.
Overall review:

Trivial to checkout a bike with the app.

They are small comfort bikes. (Not as small as the Seoul bikes and Taipei bikes though.) I'm 6', and at the max seatpost extension I was still sitting a little low.

Twisty bell on the left hand grip, Shimano roller brakes, and three speed Shimano shift on the right.
Like most share bikes, way under geared, so even a moderate downgrade on Mass Ave in Arlington Center will run out of spinning at a relatively slow speed.

While I didn't try any of the hills (wasn't going that way), I suspect that climbing Park Ave to the water tower will be just doable. The roads to Gray Street (Robbins thru Highland) will be very tough, Cliff Street (aptly named) out of the question. Most of the Mount Gilboa, Turkey Hill and Symmes climbs too.

There is a phone mount (didn't try) on the handlebars, big enough to mount even the biggest smartphones.

Parking and ending your ride is also trivial. Well done beeps and lights on the bike itself to give you confidence that you've ended the ride.

Odd is the deflopilator spring installed between the fork and the down tube. It's got a plastic cover that partially covers the spring, which results in a disconcerting "sproing" sound from time to time.

If you want to try, the promo code LIMELAUNCH gives you a $5.00 credit. One of you can use my referral code RFDPHHO for an additional $3.00 credit. (Disclaimer, I'll get a $3.00 credit too. Just let me know you've used it so I'll edit this post to note that the code has been used.)

Bottom line, if I'm running late to get to Arlington Center, instead of walking too fast or arriving late I'll probably hop on so the "(Limebike) gets me to the church on time."

-mr. bill