View Single Post
Old 07-04-18, 12:40 PM
atrp2biz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Here's my experience to date on keto and intermittent fasting.

I'm 6'3" and I've only been on this new way of eating for 2.5 weeks. I'm down from 228 to 215 lbs as of this morning. I'm a bike commuter with a round-trip distance of 33 km and play hockey once a week year round (goalie). My commute is my only riding since I have a young family at home so I can't commit to longer weekend rides. My eating window is between noon and 6 pm. The only thing I have in the morning is a coffee with cream and a packet of erythritol and monk fruit extract. I just had a chicken shwarma salad for lunch. For tonight's dinner, I think I'm having more chicken with some vegetables which I'll likely finish off with some nuts and an avocado sprinkled with lite salt (mainly for the increased K, not necessarily to lower Na) and sesame oil.

I'm hoping that this is a new and long-term way of eating for me and not a diet. It's been extremely easy and I didn't experience the typical keto flu. I did feel weak on the bike for the first 3 days but I increased my salt intake which seemed to help. I'm no longer hungry and generally crave only keto foods like toasted keto bread topped with fried egg and an avocado or simplyo keto bread with PB (I use the 90-second recipe).

I'm targeting 185 lbs which I haven't been since my early days of high school. I have little doubt that I can achieve this goal and if weight loss plateaus, I'll likely transition to one-meal-a-day (OMAD).

I feel like I'm back to 90% strength on my bike. All-in-all, I feel great and look forward to my continued progress.