Old 07-05-18, 08:53 AM
tandempower

Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8084 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by prj71
I'm not against it, but I live in reality and realize it's not a viable option to LCF. I't only viable to a certain geographic region of this country...Where it's warm weather year round and where work is a short commute.

Car Free / Car Lite boom has come and gone...

https://medium.com/@sjpeterson/livin...a-4df3e13a8b75
The automotive sector has a pretty elaborate marketing army, so have you considered that the 'boom' you are talking about was in part orchestrated by that sector to generate exactly the kind of trend data you are now presenting? In other words, they worried that if it would gradually grow, people would begin to see it as sustainable growth, so their best strategy to kill it off was to support it so it would grow fast, and then withdraw support so that it would appear to be a declining trend, and thus dissuade people and more importantly investors and thus businesses from catering to it.

In reality, unfunded LCF has deeper roots and longer staying power than the people who try it out because it is being promoted as a trend before moving on to the next trend. What amazes me is how the economy manages to keep all those trend-followers funded to buy cars or whatever is trending. They must have a massive money-distribution system, maybe even 'too big to fail.'