Old 07-05-18, 04:56 PM
MeanSekine

Bikes: Sekine SHC 270

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Carbonfiberboy
I asked DannoXYZ to edit his iconic Numb Hands post, putting the photos back in. These photos show what it's supposed to look like, and also explains how to avoid the dreaded numb hands: Numb Hands

Those women are doing it right. Note bent elbows, elbows in front of or nearly in front of knees. Note in the 2 photos of the Timex rider, one with almost straight arms, the other elbows well bent, that the angles between upper arm and torso seem identical. That's normal and by far the most comfortable for long distance riding.
This helps me out a lot, thanks very much!

Originally Posted by Kontact
Well, you have locked elbows not because the bar is too far forward, but because it is too low. You're reaching down to get to it. Making the stem shorter would just make your forearms overlap your knees.
I put my handlebars up on my commuter by about 3cm and I think it felt much better. I'm going to do the same thing on my Bianchi, so I think you're definitely correct here. Thanks!

Originally Posted by clifftaylor
I'd try dropping the saddle by 3 or 4 mm, and see how that feels; it does look a bit high.
I'll give that a try too, thanks!

Last edited by MeanSekine; 07-05-18 at 05:00 PM.