Old 07-05-18, 09:36 PM
TGT1

Bikes: 80's Schwinn High Plains, Motobecane Ti Cyclocross

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked 30 Times in 21 Posts
Originally Posted by JimmyNH
Yup, it was a great day on GMR. Not just for cyclists. I saw skateborders, runners, hikers. I don't know if they'll ever employ a genious in the municipality that will help them figure out that closed GMR benefits a lot more people than a few crazy motorists that use it when it's open. I reckon they can close it at least once a month between April - October.
A couple of things that I'd like to mention:
1) Guys, when going UP, keep to the right and leave as much of road as possible to the guys that descend. I was descending towards the village when a guy in a BCI jersey (hope not Jimincalif) who was climbing on the left side of the road, decided that he must move to the right. Thank god I missed him by a foot or so, otherwise even a good doctor wouldn't be able to determine which body parts belong to which guy. And it wasn't just him, I was bumping in guys like him throughout the day.
2) About 6 miles from the village, I caught up to a guy who was standing on the side of the road, dying for water. I gave him half of the water in my bottle. Chris said that he had to bail out another guy for the same reason. C'mon gentlemen, even a cat can ration his resources. I understand if it was unusually hotter than forcasted. But by SoCal standards, it was outright cold for this time of the year (70F at the village around 11:00 AM). How can you run out of water?
Anyway, a little ranting for otherwise great day in the mountain.
I cut it short early and only had two nimrods in the wrong lane to contend with, but I'd guess as the day wore on it would have gotten worse.

Bad part is both of them looked old enough to know better!

As early as I headed down it was down right chilly on the descent.