View Single Post
Old 07-06-18, 09:48 AM
LanghamP

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by TheLibrarian
Now you've got me looking at motor homes. Maybe more room than a boat. Maybe, maybe not comparable upkeep and hook up costs but I'm more familiar with the highways and byways than sea life. What are these piles of problems?
Well, I rent. That money is gone. With a house you might get some, most, or more of that money back when you sell (but then you have to find another place).

In an odd way, if you have a motorhome you perhaps shuffle the cost of land and road off yourself as you are basically using the transport infrastructure as your home. I think.

1. These things fall apart the moment you buy them. I guess that's not much different from owning a house.
2. They are small, although that's not too bad since my apartment is about the same size.
3. They are dangerous. You're on the road. However, I plan to drive and park for a long time.
4. Fuel is wasteful. To take that fuel and dump it into the atmosphere seems...evil.
5. Showing, bathing, and crapping. Honestly, to me, this is the biggest barrier. I'd want to get a motorhome that could at least have permanent water and blackwater hookups.