Old 07-10-18, 11:22 AM
Mobile 155

Bikes: 2013 Haro FL Comp 29er MTB.

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1470 Post(s)
Liked 45 Times in 35 Posts
Originally Posted by cooker
Thanks! I had to google LSV - looks like a slightly souped up golf-cart. Do they already have them in your area? Certainly I now routinely see e-bikes on my commute, surprisingly mostly carrying healthy looking young men, and also often couriers for Uber Eats.
Yes they have them here. And yes they can be nothing more than a golf cart type vehicle. There are some cities just to the west of me that have marked their streets just for these vehicles much like they do for bicycles.

It is the option for a shelter from the weather i think that makes them popular. There is even talk of special parking spots at the shopping centers for them. But for about the price of a good CF road bike they aren’t a bad deal.

The other option I see a lot of us mobility scooters with tops and two seats. It seems as if they have figured a way to get people on one without a disability. My neighbor bought two so when his kids come visit they don’t have to move the car to drive to town.

It may may be a misuse of what they were intended for but where there is a will there is a way as they say.