View Single Post
Old 07-14-18, 07:24 PM
philbob57

Bikes: frankenbike based on MKM frame

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 715 Post(s)
Liked 613 Times in 377 Posts
Maybe I've stated who I am enough times in the past that I just didn't realize it could be a mystery. In any case, mystery solved.
Ah ... light dawns over marblehead.... I missed your previous self-identification. As I say, I've found your posts informative - enough to wonder why you call yourself 'kontact'. Now I know.

BTW, when I was fighting my perineal numbness a couple of years ago, I came across your website and put your saddle on my list for possible use. A very cheap and new Selle SMP came my way and solved my problem, so I stopped looking.

Back to the Cervelo piece, the benefit it offers IMO is that it cuts through some - not all - crap. I read the 'rules' more as questions or 'areas of concern' that go beyond sit-bone width, and too many cyclists think the ass-o-meter is the last word on saddle choice. Also, I found the pressure maps useful, even though the only map meaningful to an individual is the individual's.own map, and I found the statistical data on sit bone width useful as well..

Um...I prefer reading to videos, which is why I place high values on Selle SMP's patent and ISMseat's tech section from their website.