View Single Post
Old 01-15-06, 12:20 PM
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Thrifty1
I am confident that I have created at least a dozen new ways to grimace.
I am feeling better but upon hospital discharge, the surgeon advised against riding my trainer mounted bicycle, lifting anything over 4 pounds, etc for at least 4 possibly 6 months. My legs will be like noodles by the time I can resume riding.
My only interaction to cycling will be this forum for quite awhile so I am looking forward to your posts.
Don't worry about the grimacing as over the next few weeks you will find a few more. Take the surgeons advice, but how about walking. To get over surgery in the stomach region- I started walking to the local paper shop- then a bit further and within two weeks I was "Power Walking" 1 mile into town, having a coffee and power walking back. Luckily I cannot stand running so never started on that method. I cannot stand walking, but when I did get out on the bike at week 8- At least my legs still worked. The shoulders were dead and my lungs had shrunk, but the real pain in the butt- was just that. 10 weeks without sitting on a saddle made me sympathise with newbies.

Spike Milligan